Synthetic Organic Chemist
Key Organics is a leading global provider in the supply of high quality chemical products and contract services to the pharmaceutical, agrochemical, biotechnology sectors together with related industries and applications. A vacancy has arisen for a Synthetic Organic Chemist.
- Perform retro synthetic analysis and design synthetic routes to simple and complex organic molecules.
- Synthesize and purify compounds involving multistep synthesis from milligram- to multi-gram scale utilizing a range of techniques including handling and use of air and moisture sensitive reagents.
- Literature searching using on-line and paper journals
- Accurate recording of experimental data using electronic lab books
- Characterisation of purified products by Interpretation of analytical data – NMR, LC-MS, Microanalysis etc.
- Interpret and properly document results of various experiments and present the data in written reports.
Education and Experience: PhD degree or Graduate in organic chemistry
- Demonstrable theoretical knowledge
- Practical ability and analytical data interpretation skills
- Proficient in the handling and use of experimental techniques using air and moisture sensitive reagents in both small and large scale reactions
- Excellent report writing skills
- High level of personal productivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude to work
- Must be able to multi-task, working to deliver multiple products in parallel
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety
Key Organics offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme and operates a Flexitime System.
Please apply with covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
** No Agencies **
Chemical Compound Handler
Key Organics is a leading global provider in the supply of high quality chemical products and contract services to the pharmaceutical, agrochemical, biotechnology sectors together with related industries and applications.
A vacancy has arisen within the Compound Handling Department for a reliable person with good hand to eye co-ordination.
As a member of the department, you will be responsible for the weighing of chemical products for orders and keeping the internal stock levels up to date as well as other general duties that you may be assigned.Training will be given.
The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail, a positive work ethic and excellent teamwork skills. Computer literacy and willingness to learn is essential as everyday work includes the use of a number of internal computer programs.
Key Organics operates a 37.5 hour working week with a Flexitime System. This vacancy is a 1 year contract but with a view to making permanent if the need allows.
Please apply in writing to Martin Cardoza, Key Organics Limited, Highfield Road Industrial Estate, Camelford, Cornwall, PL32 9RA, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line CHU 0417
** No Agencies **